Carrot Cake Muffins
Snack on these tender and sweetly-spiced carrot cake muffins that also make a great snack for young kids!
Kue Bolu Wortel
- 1/2 cup Captain Classic Rolled Oats
- 1 & 3/4 cup whole-grain Kamut flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup natural sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- WET + MIX-INS
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (oil replacer)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (the cream on top from a full fat can) OR yogurt
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups grated carrots (about 3 small-medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped & toasted walnuts
- Toast the walnuts (optional) on a baking sheet for about 8 minutes at 300F. Remove and set aside. Preheat oven to 400F and line a muffin tin with liners.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (maple syrup, applesauce, coconut milk, water, vanilla). Add the wet to the dry and mix until just incorporated. Batter will be THICK!
- Fold in the carrots, raisins, and walnuts. Scoop batter into the muffin liners, filling batter to the top. Bake for about 18 minutes at 400F until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.