Can we have pancakes with a side of…pancakes? Of course! Here’s a simple way to add oatmeals to your pancakes!
- 1 cup Captain Quick Cook Oatmeal
- 1/4 All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large Egg
- Cooking spray
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, Captain Oats Quick Cook Oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt.
- Combine buttermilk, butter, and egg in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stir until moist.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles; cook until bottoms are lightly browned.